About Costa Rica
From a humble beginning, Costa Rica has emerged as a Latin American success story. With a long running democracy and a stable economy based on agriculture, tourism, and the electronics industry, Costa Ricans enjoy a relatively high standard of living. Its progressive attitude toward conservation has protected much of Costa Rica’s wilderness areas. An amazing 26% of the country has been set aside in a series of national parks and nature preserves. Although Costa Rica covers a tiny .01% of the earth’s surface, it contains almost 6% of the planets biodiversity! There is more wildlife in Costa Rica than on most continents!
- Discover more about the history of Costa Rica and its people.
- Learn about the people of Costa Rica.
- Find out about Costa Rican Geography and Geology.
- Study the Climate of Costa Rica.
- Start to explore Costa Rica’s unique plants and animals.
Check out our Links and Resources for more information about Costa Rica